Stability, Protecting Your Adjustment
Protecting your adjustment can be as simple as keeping a positive attitude or as difficult as breaking bad habits. Whatever the case may be, you will find a healthy reward when you act on the following suggestions for good spinal balance.
IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU!!!!
Now that you have initiated NUCCA care, here are some helpful hints. Protecting your adjustment and understanding how to maintain it will speed your recovery, saving you time and money. Obviously how much care you receive is always up to you.
Following your doctor’s recommendation, however, ensures the best results. Here are a few suggestions that will start you on your way:
- Follow the schedule of appointments that we have set up for you.
- Avoid physical and mental stress before and after each adjustment. The more relaxed you are the better your adjustment will hold.
- Sleep on your back or on your side, never on your stomach. Ideally, you should have your neck supported while your sleep so your head is in a neutral position. To lessen the stress on your lower back, place a pillow under your knees or between.
- Lift properly. Bend at the knees while keeping the back straight.
- Do your best to maintain a cheerful attitude. Avoid, if you can, stressful situations. This is a good lifetime habit for the restoration and maintenance of normal health.
Tell others - There are many people with similar problems who may need care. Our mission is to make this a better world for everyone.
Always communicate with your doctor to eliminate any confusion. Remember that the only foolish question is the one that goes unasked!